IDRISI Selva Key Features
The IDRISI Selva GIS and Image Processing software provides a host of utilities and procedures to optimize, analyze and visualize your raster data and imagery. Extensive conversion tools allow for easy import and export with many of the most popular software and government formats.
Learn more about IDRISI Selva
IDRISI Selva Brochure
Image Processing in IDRISI
IDRISI Selva Technical Specifications
Land Change Modeler
Earth Trends Modeler
IDRISI includes a range of tools for the analysis and manipulation of spatial data. With IDRISI, you can query and explore your raster data, derive new data layers, evaluate and measure spatial relationships, and identify patterns and trends.
- Database query and overlay analysis.
- Derivative mapping with mathematical and relational modeling.
- Distance and context operations to analyze interactions over space.
- Standard and advanced spatial statistics.
- Surface analysis tools including interpolation and hydrological modeling routines.
- Change and time series procedures to measure change at local and global scales.
- Exclusive tools for multi-criteria and multi-objective decision support and land suitability analysis.
IDRISI provides a complete suite of image processing tools, including the widest range of classification techniques in the industry, for both multispectral and hyperspectral remotely sensed imagery. All major imagery formats are accommodated.
- Preprocessing tools for noise and distortion removal, data transformation and full georeferencing.
- Visual and data enhancement tools, including digital filters, color compositing, pansharpening and others.
- Unsupervised and supervised classification techniques including innovative "soft" classifier support.
- Transformation tools including Principal Components Analysis and Canonical Components Analysis.
- Segment-based classification whereby pixels are grouped into segments based on homogenous spectral similarity. Learn More.
- Machine learning classifiers including a host of neural networks and a classification tree procedure. Learn More.
IDRISI provides several environments for users to develop their own models. The software also includes specific modeling applications for land change analysis and image time series analysis.
- Earth Trends Modeler, a modeling application for analyzing trends and anomalies in image time series with particular relevance for climate change and ecosystem dynamics. Learn more.
- Land Change Modeler, a modeling application with tools to quickly assess land change, predict future scenarios and assess the impacts of these predictions on biodiversity. Land Change Modeler is widely used for REDD projects. Learn more.
- Macro Modeler, a graphical modeling environment for building and executing multi-step models.
- Integration for user-created scripts and procedures via a COM object model interface.
- An Image Calculator for the construction of algebraic and logical formulas on map layers.